4. As of noon trading, Plum Creek Timber ( PCL) is down $0.65 (-1.5%) to $43.71 on light volume. Thus far, 289,923 shares of Plum Creek Timber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.62-$44.42 after having opened the day at $44.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.36. Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust (REIT). The trust owns and manages timberlands in the United States. Its products include lumber products, plywood, medium density fiberboard, and related by-products, such as wood chips. Plum Creek Timber has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Plum Creek Timber a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Plum Creek Timber as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Plum Creek Timber Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts