Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Camtek (CAMT)
- CAMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.3 million.
- CAMT has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- CAMT is up 4% today.
- CAMT was down 13.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAMT: Camtek Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets automatic optical inspection (AOI) systems and related products. CAMT has a PE ratio of 24.7. The average volume for Camtek has been 913,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Camtek has a market cap of $121.1 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.40 and a short float of 0.2% with 0.00 days to cover. Shares are up 187.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Camtek as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CAMT's share price has jumped by 229.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although CAMT had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- CAMT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CAMT has a quick ratio of 2.12, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 105.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.37 million to -$0.12 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CAMTEK LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Camtek Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts