Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 4 Companies: PAAS, ERF, PWE, CLI
Mack-Cali Realty (NYSE: CLI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.80%. Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the leasing, management, acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate properties in the United States. The average volume for Mack-Cali Realty has been 854,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mack-Cali Realty has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 21% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mack-Cali Realty as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.28 million to $4.64 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of MACK-CALI REALTY CORP has not done very well: it is down 20.36% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- MACK-CALI REALTY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.33 versus $0.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.43 versus $0.33).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $38.75 million or 6.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 8.52%.
- You can view the full Mack-Cali Realty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV