Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Stock Upgraded (BMRN)
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BMRN's share price has jumped by 45.15%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.69%. Regardless of BMRN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BMRN's net profit margin of -38.73% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported poor results of -$0.95 versus -$0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.2% in earnings (-$1.18 versus -$0.95).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 889.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.36 million to -$53.02 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts