I wrote about my own experience and wanted to bring the story up to date: During the past week, I discovered that I could buy a console at an inflated price on Ebay (EBAY)or Amazon (AMZN). None of the the standard electronic outlets had any product available online. I knew Wal-Mart (WMT) and Best Buy (BBY) would have some product hitting the floor for Black Friday, but the exact times were unclear. GameStop (GME) said they would have limited quantities of PlayStation 4 and the store would open at midnight last night, so this seemed to be the safest bet.
My very wonderful husband and Super Number One Dad of the year went to our local GameStop at midnight with about 150 other people. Only two clerks were there and after two hours we became the proud owners a PlayStation 4. I am hearing they are already out of stock again. It looks like things may be better for Xbox One, it looks to be managing the demand and there seems to be more stock available.
Now I know that last column received lots of comments that Christmas isn't about the gifts and I agree. But I have a great kid that played his heart out on a losing football team this year and managed straight A's with 2 advanced classes. He causes me no trouble and helps out at home. We buy him very little during the year and if once a year we can give him the one thing he wants - then come hell or high water we will make this happen. Luckily he is a teenager and doesn't read what his mother writes. Happy holidays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV