UBS analysts also left its $25 a share price target and "buy" rating unchanged, however, they cautioned that Fortinet's shares are likely to come under pressure, given the timing of the surprise announcement.
"We believe FTNT stock will be under considerable pressure given the abrupt resignation, but we do not think the company's outlook has changed at this point. We think it is prudent to do more homework to understand the transition before declaring the coast is clear," UBS said.
Fortinet shares were falling nearly 5% in pre-market trading to $18.66. Shares have fallen over 6% year-to-date, significantly under-performing the S&P 500.
--Written by Antoine Gara in New YorkFollow @antoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV