- If you turned 71 in 2013, you have until December 31 to make any final contributions to your RRSP before converting it into a RRIF or registered annuity.
- As of July 2013, you can defer your Old Age Security pension by up to 60 months. Future pension payments will be increased by 0.6% for every month that you delay receiving the pension beyond age 65, so your pension could be 36% higher at age 70.
Don't Wait Until April To Review Your Taxes: Five Tax Strategies For Year End
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.