[video] Market Hustle: Spend, Spend, Send, Black Friday Pushes Futures Higher
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were eyeing gains Friday as trading resumes for an abbreviated session following the Thanksgiving holiday.
- S&P 500 futures were up 3.5 points, or 2.12 points above fair value, to 1,807.75. The benchmark index has logged a year-to-date gain of 26.7%.
- Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were higher by 39 points, or 33.67 points above fair value, to 16,113 after the blue-chip index rose to a record 16,097.33.
- Futures for Nasdaq were gaining 13.5 points, or 14.47 points above fair value, to 3,482 as Apple increased 0.77% to $550.22 on a Kantar Worldpanel ComTech report saying that 76% of all smartphones sold in Japan last month were from Apple.
- Jan Hatzius, Goldman Sachs' chief economist in New York, noted in his daily commentary, that "U.S. economic growth is likely to accelerate in 2014, as the fiscal drag diminishes but the positive impulse from the private sector remains sizable. Even if inflation stays low, as we expect, stronger growth is likely to persuade Fed officials to taper their QE program."
- The Nikkei 225 in Japan fell 0.41% to 15,661.87, falling from a six-year high on a raft of profit-taking.
- The Hong Kong Hang Seng increased 0.39% to its highest close since April 27, 2011 at 23,881.29, lifted by the anticipation of sweeping policy reforms in China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV