New independent national survey results released today by Discover uncover what ails Americans the most about Black Friday and what would make their shopping day a little easier.
Of the five most-popular choices of what to make the day better:
- 47 percent wished they could have someone else stand in line for them
- 18 percent preferred to have help finding parking
- 17 percent would be most happy with free gift-wrapping
- 10 percent said having someone get them a warm beverage would do the trick
- 8 percent put a massage at the top of their list
Discover's survey also asked about the amenities shoppers would want most on Black Friday, and today plans to deploy a crew of more than 3 dozen orange-clad helpers on Chicago’s famed Michigan Avenue to help ease those frustrations on the busiest shopping day of the year.
Discover’s crew -- outfitted in bright orange with matching bow ties and scarves -- is setting up a heated outdoor oasis offering passing shoppers a warm place to rest their feet. To assist with other frustrations uncovered in the survey, the crew will be wrapping gifts for free, giving directions to parking garages and stores, serving warm beverages, providing a cell phone charging station, and handing out shopping bags, gloves, bottles of hand sanitizer and even a few hand-held massagers.“At Discover, we believe in offering unique value and rewarding experiences to our cardmembers, and what could be more rewarding on Black Friday than to give shoppers helpful and friendly services that most people can’t get from other credit card companies,” said Julie Loeger, a senior vice president at Discover. “We’re sending out a team today to give everyone a little taste of what it’s like to be a Discover cardmember who enjoys helpful and friendly customer service with rewards and perks that matter.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts