TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM), the manager of TD Mutual Funds, was recognized at the 19th annual Morningstar® Awards™ held in Toronto last night. The TD Canadian Core Plus Bond Fund was named best Canadian Fixed Income Fund, marking the eighth time that a TD fund has won for this award.
"Winning this award on multiple occasions is a testament to the unique collaboration between our fixed income and equity teams along with our commitment to delivering investment excellence. It is a winning combination and is something that truly sets us apart," said Paul Orlander, President, TD Mutual Funds. "Not only is the TD Canadian Core Plus Bond Fund one of our core products, it is also an integral component of our innovative balanced funds, such as our TD Tactical Monthly Income Fund, our TD Strategic Yield Fund, and our fund of funds programs."
Several TD Mutual Funds were also named finalists in both equity and fixed income categories:
- Best U.S. Equity Fund - TD U.S. Quantitative Equity Fund
- Best High Yield Fixed Income Fund - TD High Yield Bond Fund
- Best U.S. Small/Mid-Cap Equity Fund - TD U.S. Small-Cap Equity Fund
- Best Emerging Markets Equity Fund - TD Emerging Markets Fund
- Best Specialty Equity Fund - TD Entertainment &Communications Fund
"As Canada's number one money manager*, as ranked by Benefits Canada, we are dedicated to providing our investors with a full range of innovative solutions to help them meet their needs," added Mr. Orlander. "Being named a finalist across so many categories speaks to the breadth and calibre of our offerings. Investors can be confident that we will continue to build on this momentum and strive to provide long-term value they can depend on."*Benefits Canada, 2013 Top 40 Money Managers Report, November 2013. About TD Asset Management Inc. Under the TD Mutual Funds name, TDAM provides a diverse range of 74 mutual funds, 28 professionally managed portfolios and 20 corporate class funds. TDAM manages retail mutual fund assets on behalf of more than 1.8 million investors and TD Mutual Funds is one of the most broadly diversified fund families in Canada. Funds are available at TD Canada Trust branches (through TD Investment Services Inc. representatives), TD Direct Investing, TD Wealth Financial Planning and TD Wealth Private Investment Advice, as well as leading investment dealers, independent brokers, advisors and financial planners. As of September 30, 2013, TDAM was the fourth largest mutual fund company in Canada, with CDN$76.4 billion invested in TD Mutual Funds. SOURCE TD Asset Management Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV