NEW YORK, Nov. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP has filed a class action lawsuit against Amarin Corporation, plc ("Amarin" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: AMRN) and certain of its officers. The class action, filed in United States District Court, Southern District of California, and docketed under 13-CIV-7882, is on behalf of a class consisting of all persons or entities who purchased or otherwise acquired securities of Amarin between August 8, 2012 and October 16, 2013 both dates inclusive (the "Class Period"). This class action seeks to recover damages against the Company and certain of its officers and directors as a result of alleged violations of the federal securities laws pursuant to Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder.
If you are a shareholder who purchased Amarin securities during the Class Period, you have until January 3, 2014 to ask the Court to appoint you as Lead Plaintiff for the class. A copy of the Complaint can be obtained at www.pomerantzlaw.com. To discuss this action, contact Robert S. Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.476.6529 (or 888.4-POMLAW), toll free, x237. Those who inquire by e-mail are encouraged to include their mailing address, telephone number, and number of shares purchased.
Amarin is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the commercialization and development of drugs to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin's product development program purports to leverage its extensive experience in lipid science and the potential therapeutic benefits of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Presently, Amarin's lead product is Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) capsules ("Vascepa"). Vascepa, known in scientific literature as AMR101, is a patented, pure-EPA omega-3 fatty acid prescription product in a 1 gram capsule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV