Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) Down In After-Hours Trading
- PXD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $360.3 million.
- PXD is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PXD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PXD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PXD: Pioneer Natural Resources Company operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company in the United States. The company produces and sells oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), and gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. PXD has a PE ratio of 44.8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Pioneer Natural Resources Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pioneer Natural Resources Company has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Natural has a market cap of $25.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 3.4% with 2.16 days to cover. Shares are up 69.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pioneer Natural Resources Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO is currently very high, coming in at 71.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.02% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 54.70% to $668.41 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.99%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 374.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $19.22 million to $91.13 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.96 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Resources Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts