ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DSS Technology Management, Inc., a subsidiary of Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS; "DSS"), a leading developer and integrator of security technologies, today announced that it filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Apple, Inc. in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division. At issue are patents that relate to the use of wireless peripheral devices.
DSS's complaint alleges infringement by Apple of United States Patents 6,128,290 (the "'290 Patent") and 5,699,357 (the "'357 Patent"), both of which are entitled "Personal Data Network" and which disclose systems and methods of using low power wireless peripheral devices. DSS Technology Management acquired the '290 and '357 Patents during Q3 2013 as part of an effort to expand DSS's patent portfolio to enable DSS's secure facilities monitoring product, Sensorshield, ( www.sensorshield.com) and to support R&D to develop dedicated peripheral devices that run AuthentiSuite, DSS's digital brand protection platform ( www.authentiguard.com).
The complaint identifies use of the 290 and 357 Patents by Apple in a range of product lines, including computer products sold under the MacPro®, Mac Mini® and iMac® brands and consumer electronics sold under the iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® and iPod Nano® brands.
DSS is represented in this matter by Eric Buether and Chris Joe of Buether, Joe, & Carpenter, LLC ("BJC"), a boutique intellectual property and commercial litigation boutique law firm based in Dallas, Texas ( www.bjciplaw.com). Prior to founding BJC, Mr. Buether was a founding member of McKool Smith, P.C and served as the head of Greenberg Traurig Dallas' IP litigation group.The case is: DSS Technology Management, Inc. v Apple, Inc., Civil Action No. 6:13-CV-919.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV