LANDOVER, Md., Nov. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As the holiday season approaches, consumers are faced with increased spending on gifts, food and travel. To keep budgets under control during this high-spend season and beyond, shoppers can take advantage of savings opportunities that make their dollars work double-time, like the Giant Gas Rewards Program available at Giant Food®. With the Giant Gas Rewards Program, DC area consumers can turn food shopping into significant savings at the pump. And Giant is celebrating the holidays with a special opportunity to save even more by offering shoppers 4 times the rewards on retailer gift card purchases at Giant now through December 5 th (excluding Giant gift cards).
"We are excited to help shoppers save even more this busy holiday season," says Lori Van Ryan, Shell Manager of Marketing Alliances North America. "We hope that the easy savings through the Giant Gas Rewards Program will put a little extra cushion in shoppers' holiday budgets and allow them to focus on enjoying the season with their loved ones."
Over the past several years, the average cost of an American Christmas has steadily risen, with planned spending on gifts and travel continuing to increase. In 2012, U.S. shoppers planned to spend:
- Approximately $854 on gifts, more than double the amount shoppers planned to spend on gifts in 2009 (American Research Group)
- Approximately $759 per household on travel, up 5.7 percent from $718 in 2011 (AAA)
The Giant Gas Rewards Program in the DC area is helping shoppers turn this increased spending into a way to save on fuel at Shell. By simply signing up for a Giant loyalty card consumers can turn that turkey dinner or those secret Santa gifts into big savings at the pump.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV