On Sunday, Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) launched an unprecedented partnership bringing together Jennifer Lopez, the ABC Network and American Music Awards (AMA) to launch the “Get Jennifer There” holiday campaign and inaugural New Artist of The Year award; An interactive, real-time marketing campaign which ultimately put the power of choice in America’s hands.
“The level of excitement and engagement exceeded our expectations,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief customer officer. “This event was the perfect way to kick off the biggest retail week of the year, expanding our social relevance and connection with customers.”
Jennifer’s route to the awards show was left in America’s hands on Sunday night. After producing seven commercials, only four aired based on how viewers selected the path she traveled. Giving America even more to engage with, Kohl’s let consumers choose who would become the New Artist of the Year award winner.
Here is a look at the success of the campaign:
- The Kohl’s New Artist if the Year award generated over 1.7 billion impressions
- On the eve of the AMAs, 233 million impressions were generated for Kohl’s alone
- Overall impressions for Kohl’s Black Friday campaigns increased nearly 400 percent year over year
- Kohl’s and Jennifer Lopez generated more than 260,000 social media mentions on Sunday night alone
- The final Jennifer Lopez spot that aired received an overwhelming 863 million impressions including all social media conversations