3 Technology Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
1. As of noon trading, Texas Instruments ( TXN) is down $0.52 (-1.2%) to $42.18 on average volume. Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Texas Instruments exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.94-$42.34 after having opened the day at $42.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.70. Texas Instruments Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, sale of semiconductors to electronics designers and manufacturers worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Analog, Embedded Processing, Wireless, and Other. Texas Instruments has a market cap of $46.6 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 37.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Texas Instruments a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Texas Instruments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Texas Instruments Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts