1. As of noon trading, J.C. Penney ( JCP) is up $0.68 (7.3%) to $10.04 on average volume. Thus far, 28.1 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 41.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $9.35-$10.09 after having opened the day at $9.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.36. J. C. Penney Company, Inc., through its subsidiary, J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., operates department stores. The company sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products, and home furnishings. J.C. Penney has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the retail industry. Shares are down 53.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate J.C. Penney a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates J.C. Penney as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts