1. As of noon trading, Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) is up $0.42 (1.6%) to $26.73 on average volume. Thus far, 4.5 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.02-$26.75 after having opened the day at $26.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.31. Chesapeake Energy Corporation engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil properties in the United States. The company also offers marketing, midstream, drilling, and other oilfield services. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $17.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 58.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 19 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chesapeake Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts