VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coastal Contacts Inc. (Nasdaq:COA) (TSX:COA) ("Coastal.com" or "the Company"), the leading online provider of eyewear, was one of the winners for Canada's Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ of 2013. Coastal.com's Canadian subsidiary is www.ClearlyContacts.ca.
This award was founded and presented by Waterstone Human Capital, one of Canada's fastest-growing retained executive search firms, which specializes in recruiting for fit and cultural assessment. This national program, now in its ninth year, annually recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having a culture that has helped them enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
Coastal.com was recognized for the award within the mid-market category (revenues over $100 million to $500 million)."What's so impressive about this diverse list of 2013 winners is the shared belief that their culture is a competitive advantage–whether they are a leading high-growth e-retailer or a not-for-profit foundation," said Marty Parker, CEO of Waterstone Human Capital, in a statement announcing the winners. "They know that building and sustaining a great culture will result in great performance." Roger Hardy, Founder and CEO of Coastal.com, commented: "Here at Coastal.com, we are believers that culture plays an integral role in driving the performance of our organization. As proven by many companies, both past and present, a strong corporate culture can also help drive superior shareholder returns. We are honored to be included in such a diverse group of successful Canadian companies and want to thank Waterstone for recognizing an important—yet often overlooked—aspect of business." Fast Facts – Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- This is the 9th year of the Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures program.
- Over 600 organizations were nominated.
- The program's 30-member Board of Governors, consisting of top executives from many leading organizations across Canada, voted on the submissions in early November and chose the ten winners in each of the four categories.
- Program winners will be honored at the Annual Canada's 10 Gala and Summit, which will be held on Monday, February 3, 2014 at the Hilton in Toronto.
CONTACT: Terry Vanderkruyk Vice President, Corporate Development Coastal Contacts Inc. (604) 676-4498 email@example.com or Liolios Group Inc. Scott Liolios or Cody Slach (949) 574-3860 COA@liolios.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts