NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With Black Friday and Cyber Monday just days away, TheStreet's Laurie Kulikowski spoke to Jeff Goldstein, president of PriceGrabber, about the role of mobile in this season's holiday sales.
Kulikowski reported that nearly 24% of shoppers plan to make purchases via a mobile device this year, a 44% increase from last year.
Retailers are much more prepared this year, Goldstein said. Many updated their Web sites to be mobile-compatible and have also begun to push mobile applications. Shoppers can get coupons and find sales information on the apps, too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV