Matador Resources (MTDR) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- MTDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.0 million.
- MTDR has traded 807,080 shares today.
- MTDR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTDR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTDR: Matador Resources Company engages in the exploration, development, production, and acquisition of oil and natural gas resources in the United States. MTDR has a PE ratio of 163.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Matador Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Matador Resources has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Matador has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 179.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Matador Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MTDR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 151.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MATADOR RESOURCES CO is currently very high, coming in at 78.81%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.16% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- MTDR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.43 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 305.88% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 155.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MATADOR RESOURCES CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Matador Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts