New YORK (
TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to little movement among major indices Wednesday after the
Nasdaq closed above 4,000 yesterday while European markets were gaining on Germany's upbeat consumer confidence report and data showing that fewer U.S. residents filed for unemployment benefits than was projected.
In domestic economic news, fewer U.S. residents filed jobless claims last week than expected - a sign of improvement in the labor market. Jobless claims for the week ending November 23 fell to 316,000 or the lowest in two months. Expectations were for 330,000 claims .
Durable-good orders fell in October, reflecting a hit to confidence from the government shutdown. Bookings fell 2 percent to match expectations after a 4.1% rise in September. Durable-goods orders are a leading indicator of industrial production and capital spending.
The earnings calendar is light for Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV