This year’s top 10 list of holiday gifts for pets, as voted on by pet parents, has been unveiled by PetSmart (NASDAQ: PETM) and includes high-tech pet video monitors, a motion-activated dog toy, and a cuddly plush toy that helps save the lives of homeless pets.
New this year, Motorola Scout Video Pet Monitors from PetSmart are a top tech gift for pet parents who want to keep an eye on their pets when away from home. The monitors are available in four models with features such as wireless technology, infrared night vision, two-way voice communication, and indoor and outdoor cameras. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We asked our 1.9 million fans and pet parents on Facebook what gifts their pets want for the holidays this year, and they voted for the top 10 pet gifts,” said Laurie Taylor, PetSmart’s vice president of dog and cat merchandising. “Their choices were as diverse as pets themselves, from festive and unique toys to seasonal treats. We think the list provides a great starting point to find gifts for the special pets in your life.”
The top 10 holiday gifts, as selected by PetSmart fans, are available in stores and online, and are featured on PetSmart’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/PetSmart.
- Motorola Scout Video Pet Monitors: Wireless technology, infrared night vision, two-way voice communication, and indoor/outdoor cameras make these monitors a top tech gift for pet parents who want to keep an eye on their pets when away from home.
- PetSmart Coupon Gift Card Book: It’s much more than a gift card because it’s attached to a spiral-bound coupon book that contains more than $100 in savings on dog and cat treats, aquatics, reptiles, birds, clean-up products, and grooming, boarding and training services.
- ThunderSweater: This cold-weather version of the popular ThunderShirt gently hugs your dog to help keep him calm during winter storms and other situations that spark anxiety, fear and over-excitement.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer® & Friends dog toys: From the holiday movie classic, these plush, squeaker toys modeled after Rudolph, Clarice and Bumble will make any dog’s Christmas bright.
- Toys “R” Us Pets® Wiggle & Bark Motion-Activated Dog Toy: Give your dog a multi-sensory experience that starts when you shake or drop the toy, causing it to wiggle and bark. Your dog will have fun figuring out this toy’s next move.
- BLUE Santa SnacksTM Crunchy Dog Biscuits: Dogs can enjoy a taste of the holidays too with treats baked with natural ingredients, including oatmeal and cinnamon.
- Luv-A-PetTM Superman Chance: This dog toy is soft and cuddly and is a super hero to homeless pets because with every purchase, PetSmart donates 10 percent of the $8.99 retail price to PetSmart Charities to help save homeless pets.
- Luv-A-PetTM Mrs. Chance: This year she joins PetSmart’s Luv-A-Pet family of toys that help pets in need. The Luv-A-Pet collection has raised more than $3 million for PetSmart Charities since it was created in 2009. Mrs. Chance is sold for $8.99 and 10 percent of the retail price is donated to PetSmart Charities to help save homeless pets.
- Dentley’s® Natural 24-inch Rawhide Knot Bone: With two-feet of chewing pleasure, this treat is the ultimate stocking stuffer for your dog and comes in natural or peanut butter flavors.
- Bret Michaels Pets RockTM Kooky Holiday Toys: Festive and funky come together to give your dog a rockin’ holiday with these tug and chew toys designed by rock star Bret Michaels.
As the largest specialty pet retailer in North America, PetSmart has gifts and services for every type of pet. For more information on holiday products, deals and store hours, visit www.petsmart.com.PHOTOS: Download high-resolution photos of these products from PetSmart’s holiday pressroom: http://corporate.petsmart.com/public-relations/holiday/index.shtml About PetSmart PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information ( http://www.petsmart.com). The company employs approximately 54,000 associates and operates more than 1,314 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and over 196 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp SM day care services and pet adoption services. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets since 1994. PetSmart Charities, Inc. and PetSmart Charities of Canada, Inc. (“PetSmart Charities”) are independent, nonprofit organizations that save the lives of homeless pets and reduce shelter intake through spay/neuter efforts. In 2012, nearly 450,000 dogs and cats found homes through PetSmart Charities’ adoption centers in all PetSmart stores and by sponsoring community adoption events. PetSmart Charities is the leader in granting money to help pets in need, with more than $28 million given in 2012 throughout North America. Follow PetSmart on Twitter: @PetSmartFind PetSmart on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PetSmartSee PetSmart on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/PetSmart
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV