WALL, N.J., Nov. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Holiday season is upon us and Student Transportation Inc. ("STI") (TSX:STB) (Nasdaq:STB), North America's premier, innovative provider of school bus transportation services, is making its final push for its annual "Driving Our Communities" initiative which began on November 1. The initiative is aimed at giving back and helping those in need throughout the communities the company serves across the United States and Canada.
Over 150 locations are accepting items from the company's employees, school employees, and residents in their area through the remainder of the holiday season. Items being collected include non-perishable food items such as canned goods, bagged or boxed foods, soups, cereals and other foods that can be stored at room temperature. Monetary donations are welcomed and other items being donated include children's coats and jackets, mittens and gloves, hats, socks as well as basic household supplies. All donations will be delivered to local organizations including food banks and shelters.
STI employees are also participating in the "Driving Our Communities" campaign by volunteering at local food banks, soup kitchens and homeless shelters as well as other non-profits. Several locations are also hosting Stuff-a-Bus donation events to collect donations to help the less fortunate within the communities that they serve."Not only is STI dedicated to our 'members' and the 1 million children that we transport safely to and from school each day, but we're committed to all of the folks within the communities we serve," said Patrick Vaughan, Student Transportation Inc.'s Chief Operating Officer. "We are very grateful to have wonderful employees who truly care about the children they drive to school and the communities in which they live. They allow us to say we're not just partners in the communities we serve, but we're 'part of' those communities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV