OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:YRCW) announced today that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) has set a Two Man Committee meeting date of December 6 for local labor leaders to review and to decide to submit the company's proposal to the membership for a ratification vote.
"This meeting and the subsequent vote, which we believe will be ratified, is another important and positive development in our long-planned refinancing process and the continued implementation of our turnaround plan. We are grateful to our union and non-union employees who have made significant sacrifices to keep our company moving forward and our customers who have shown solid support in this process," said James Welch, CEO of YRC Worldwide.
About YRC WorldwideYRC Worldwide Inc., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., is the holding company for a portfolio of successful companies including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn. YRC Worldwide has one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload (LTL) networks in North America with local, regional, national and international capabilities. Through its team of experienced service professionals, YRC Worldwide offers industry-leading expertise in heavyweight shipments and flexible supply chain solutions, ensuring customers can ship industrial, commercial and retail goods with confidence. Please visit www.yrcw.com for more information. Follow YRC Worldwide on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yrcworldwide
CONTACT: Media Contact: Suzanne Dawson LAK Public Relations, Inc. 212-329-1420 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV