LAVAL, Quebec, Nov. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acasti Pharma Inc. (" Acasti" or the " Corporation") (Nasdaq:ACST) (TSX-V:APO), an emerging biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of new krill oil-based forms of omega-3 phospholipid therapies for the treatment and prevention of certain cardiometabolic disorders, announces that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of units of Acasti (" Units"), each Unit consisting of one (1) Class A share (" Common Share") and one (1) Common Share purchase warrant (each whole common share purchase warrant, a " Warrant") of Acasti. The number of Units to be issued and the price of each Unit will be determined at the time of pricing of the offering, if any. Each Warrant would entitle its holder to purchase one Common Share at an exercise price to be determined at the time of pricing of the offering, if any, for a period of 60 months from the date of the closing of the offering.
The offering is being conducted in the United States pursuant to the Corporation's effective shelf registration statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (" SEC") and in Canada pursuant to a final short form base shelf prospectus filed with the securities regulatory authorities in the Provinces of Québec, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia. Acasti is a subsidiary of Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc.
Euro Pacific Canada Inc. will act as book-running manager for the offering. The Corporation expects to grant the underwriters participating in the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15 percent of the number of Units sold in the offering to cover over-allotments, if any. The offering is subject to market conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV