PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocera Therapeutics (Nasdaq:OCRX), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on acute and chronic orphan liver diseases, today announced that Linda Grais, M.D., president and chief executive officer, plans to present at the 25 th Annual Piper Jaffrey Healthcare Conference taking place at the New York Palace Hotel in New York City. Ocera's presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 04:10 PM ET. A live audio webcast of the presentation will be available in the "Investors" section of Ocera's website, www.ocerainc.com .
Ocera Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of OCR-002 (ornithine phenylacetate). OCR-002 is an ammonia scavenger which has been granted Orphan Disease and Fast Track status from the FDA to treat hyperammonemia and associated hepatic encephalopathy in patients with liver cirrhosis, acute liver failure and acute liver injury. Hepatic encephalopathy is a complication of patients with liver cirrhosis, acute liver failure and acute liver injury. When the liver no longer functions normally, ammonia accumulates in the blood leading to impairment of brain cell function and overt neurocognitive impairment, a condition called hepatic encephalopathy (HE). HE can lead to coma and death due to brain swelling. Currently there are no intravenous drug treatments in the U.S. for HE for hospitalized patients suffering from an acute HE episode. For additional information, please see www.ocerainc.com .
CONTACT: Jeri Hilleman Ocera Therapeutics, Inc. email@example.com 650-475-0150
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV