Registered investment advisors (RIAs) and industry influencers from across the United States will come together at the TD Ameritrade Institutional1 2014 National Conference for networking, workshops and a chance to hear from leading thinkers and business experts.
The conference, which takes place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Orlando, is expected to be TD Ameritrade Institutional’s largest-ever gathering of RIAs and wealth management industry executives. The event kicks off Wednesday, January 29, with a full slate of pre-conference sessions and concludes Saturday, February 1.
This year's event will focus on the Power of Together, with hundreds of sessions and other events exploring the strengths of independent RIAs, ways for advisors to better serve investors and the opportunities they have to make their firms more successful. In addition to meeting their peers, advisors in attendance can benefit from more than 70 presentations and professional development sessions focused on such topics as accelerating asset growth, portfolio investing strategies, social media strategy and the latest in advisor technology.
“We’re thrilled to welcome a powerhouse group of speakers to our national conference stage and offer RIAs a unique opportunity to hear diverse perspectives on issues impacting their businesses,” said Tom Nally, president, TD Ameritrade Institutional. “We’re always looking for ways to elevate the conference experience for attendees and we couldn’t be more excited about this year’s event. Advisors can expect unprecedented access to the tools and expertise that can help them grow and thrive in today’s dynamic business environment.”Keynote speakers at the 2014 TD Ameritrade Institutional National Conference include:
- Mitt Romney, the Republican Party presidential nominee and former Massachusetts governor who rose to prominence as founder of Bain Capital and later as CEO of the organizing committee for the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. Romney will share insights on the current political, business and economic environment and his ideas for addressing such key issues as the deficit, job growth, education and immigration.
- Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD), and Tom Nally, who leads TD Ameritrade, Inc.’s custody business serving more than 4,500 RIAs. These executives will take the stage to provide a high-level view of the trends impacting RIAs, and share their perspectives on the industry, investor sentiment and the economy. Craig Alexander 2, TD Bank Group’s Chief Economist, will also be on hand to deliver a luncheon address offering his perspectives on the U.S. and global economies.
- Simon Sinek, leadership expert and author of international bestseller Start with Why. Sinek will offer his perspective on why some organizations are more innovative, more profitable and command greater loyalty. Clients seeking his views on leadership include some of the world’s largest companies and governments.
- Sugar Ray Leonard will commemorate TD Ameritrade’s official sponsorship of the 2014 Olympic Games. The all-time great boxing legend will deliver a motivational speech about POWER: Prepare Overcome and Win Every Round. Leonard’s remarkable career includes a gold medal at the 1976 Olympics and the distinction of being the only boxer ever to win professional world titles in five different weight classes.
- A panel of nationally renowned commentators will tackle a range of timely financial and political issues: Mara Laisson, political correspondent for National Public Radio; George Will, Pulitzer prize-winning journalist and author; and Juan Williams, political analyst for Fox News Channel. The session will be moderated by Bret Baier, host of Fox News Channel’s “Special Report with Bret Baier.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV