Intel will continue to lead in developing the highest performance per watt, while AMD will grow in the budget market. Consumers will benefit as the product cycle is refreshed from both chip giants.
Even though innovation for chips at the budget level is nothing new, AMD is improving performance and reducing energy consumption. The Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) product lineup for mobile devices should also help save money for consumers interested in ultrabooks.
(Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall contributor. Disclosure: Author has a long position on AMD. Stock price data sourced from Zacks Investment Research.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV