2. As of noon trading, Aflac ( AFL) is up $0.36 (0.5%) to $66.58 on light volume. Thus far, 461,875 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $66.25-$66.78 after having opened the day at $66.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.22. Aflac Incorporated, through its subsidiary, American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus, provides supplemental health and life insurance products. Aflac has a market cap of $31.0 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Aflac a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Aflac as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Aflac Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts