Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on Action Alerts PLUS. (Updates from 11:26 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Tuesday.
"HollyFrontier (HFC) "goes higher" because refiners are making a lot of money on the back of high oil production, Cramer said. HFC closed 1.9% lower at $48.25.
He also said that the Federal Reserve's approval of JPMorgan Chase's (JPM) capital plan means the bank can now "return a lot more money to its shareholders" and that the stock should go higher. JPM was flat at $58.26.Cramer said he likes Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) because "middle-market retail is doing much better" than big chain discount stores. ASNA rose 3.3% to $21.56. Cramer suggested investors avoid Continental Resources (CLR) unless they believe the current glut of oil will diminish in the near future. CLR fell 25 cents to $107.75. Chipotle Mexican Grill's (CMG) price target was raised again. Cramer likes the stock but that "at a certain point" it is approaching "nosebleed" levels. CMG was off 1.9% to $522.64. Cramer also said, "When Celgene (CELG) makes a deal with you, your stock flies," and that's exactly what's happening to OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (OMED), which is ripping higher Tuesday. OMED zoomed 98% to end the day at $27.70.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, held shares of JPM. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV