Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks In The Top 5: CWH, CY, OZM, ARCP, PM
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: CY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets mixed-signal, programmable solutions, specialized semiconductor memories, and integrated semiconductor solutions. The average volume for Cypress Semiconductor Corporation has been 3,147,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the electronics industry. Shares are down 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cypress Semiconductor Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, CY is down 1.28% to its most recent closing price of 9.26. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact either way, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The net income has significantly decreased by 158.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.33 million to -$8.36 million.
- CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.16 versus $0.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus -$0.16).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.37, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. Despite the fact that CY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.62 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV