Best 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: AEP, VZ, TEF
Telefonica (NYSE: TEF) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile communication services primarily in Europe and Latin America. The company offers mobile voice, value added, mobile data and Internet, wholesale, corporate, roaming, fixed wireless, and trunking and paging services, as well as mobile payment solutions. The average volume for Telefonica has been 1,291,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Telefonica has a market cap of $75.1 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 22.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, TEF is up 26.14% to its most recent closing price of 16.31. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income has decreased by 12.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1,813.14 million to $1,581.90 million.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation.
- TELEFONICA SA's earnings per share declined by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TELEFONICA SA reported lower earnings of $1.14 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $1.14).
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV