Chris Lau, Kapitall: We've asked this before: are BlackBerry shares ripe for picking? Look to some Canadian tech stocks for ideas.
BlackBerry (BBRY) shares are still in free fall. No one may guess when the decline will stop, since the company lacks many positive catalysts in the foreseeable future that would reverse the negative momentum.
Read more on this topic from Kapitall: Are Blackberry Shares Ripe for the Picking
Some reasons for the decline include:
- Weak sales for BB10 in the current quarter is almost certain.
- Delays by corporations installing BlackBerry Server software.
- And negative sales momentum for new products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV