New to the list is water utility American States Water (AWR), which operates in 10 California counties. Currently trading at 18 times trailing 12-month earnings, the company has increased its dividend by an average of nearly 12% per year since 2009, currently yields 2.8%, and has a 12.8% trailing 12-month net profit margin.
AWR Dividend data by YCharts
Rounding out the very short list of qualifiers is consumer health care products company Female Health Company (FHCO), a small, $260 million market cap company that trades for 16.5 times trailing earnings, and yields 3%. While small in size, Female Health boasts a staggering 43.4% trailing 12 month net profit margin.
The value crowd, myself included, is having to turn over a significant number of rocks these days in order to find anything that looks interesting, as evidenced by the declining number of candidates revealed by this screen.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV