Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is extending until December 14 a temporary remittance transfer fee waiver for customers who want to send money to the Philippines to support friends and family. Earlier this month, the company announced that, in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, it would temporarily waive all remittance transfer fees for ExpressSend® transfers from an eligible checking or savings account to family and friends in the Philippines.
“Communities all over the Philippines are still reeling from the devastation of this terrible storm, and we know that our customers want to send as much as they can to help,” said Daniel Ayala, head of Wells Fargo's Global Remittance Services Group. “We’ve extended our remittance transfer fee waiver so that our customers have more time to help their families, friends and communities back in the Philippines.”
Customers can send funds to their family or friends in the Philippines at a number of remittance network members – including Bank of the Philippine Islands, BDO Unibank, Metrobank, M.Lhuillier and Cebuana Lhuillier – by calling Wells Fargo Global Remittance Services at 1-800-556-0605, going online at wellsfargo.com, or visiting a Wells Fargo banking store. The first remittance for a service agreement must be completed in person at a store. The fee waiver is effective November 13 through December 14.
Wells Fargo also announced today that, using the company’s expansive network of ATMs, its customers have donated more than $600,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, with additional donations expected.“Once again, we are overwhelmed by the generosity of our customers,” said Alicia Moore, head of Wells Fargo ATM Banking. “As those in the Philippines work to overcome this terrible tragedy your support is incredibly valuable. We encourage others to consider making a contribution to the relief efforts – every dollar makes a difference.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV