CouponCactus.com Presents Eight Tips To Properly Navigate And Get The Most Out Of Cyber Monday
RINGWOOD, N.J., Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CouponCactus.com, an online coupon and cash back shopping website, announced today eight expert tips for shoppers that want to get the most out of Cyber Monday, the busy online shopping day held the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Started in 2005, the term "Cyber Monday" has grown to become an international phenomenon, with retailers in multiple countries using the phrase to drive sales. comScore data puts Cyber Monday sales at $610 million in 2006, and shows consistent growth to $1.465 billion in 2012. Many retailers such as Amazon make it a week of deals, not just one day, which gives shoppers a larger window of time to conduct research and price comparisons. The appeal of Cyber Monday is of course the deals, but it is also an attractive alternative for those shoppers who would never go to a brick and mortar store on Black Friday.
CouponCactus presents eight tips for those shoppers who want to get the most out of Cyber Monday:
- Try out your preferred items before you buy them online. Do you have your eye on a certain TV or tablet? Visit a brick and mortar store to try them out and make sure they fit your needs, and then wait for the Cyber Monday sale.
- Only buy products from reputable sites. Check online reviews, and be sure the site uses an "https" address and uses security features when you enter your payment information.
- Use online coupons to get even lower pricing. While some Cyber Monday deals are priced as low as possible, many retailers still accept coupons for discounted products.
- Don't get carried away. The golden rule of shopping during a sale is to not buy things you don't need, even if the price seems fantastic. Remember that online retailers can and do offer sales all the time, so be patient and stick to your shopping list.
- Start early in the day. Some items such as the latest electronics might be offered at very low prices for just a limited time or inventory. Check online early in the day or midnight on Sunday to grab the products you desire.
- Check out prices before Cyber Monday to be sure you are getting a good deal. Be especially wary of pricing that highlights "80% off regular price" as many products are always offered at lower than MSRP.
- Demand free shipping. If a retailer doesn't offer free shipping on electronics or other items on Cyber Monday, then a quick search means you can find one that will. Don't pay an extra $6.99 in shipping fees if you don't have to.
- Sign up for email alerts ahead of Cyber Monday. Some retailers are even offering pre-sale orders where you can save an item a week or two before the big Monday.
"Cyber Monday continues to grow every year, hand-in-hand with the unstoppable expansion of online and now mobile-driven shopping," says CouponCactus.com CEO
Scott Fitterman. "We encourage shoppers to do their research to ensure they really are getting the very best Cyber Monday deals. Of course we also want them to use CouponCactus.com to find even bigger savings at the nation's biggest retailers with our tested online coupons and cash back shopping."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV