SAN DIEGO, Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MSTX) today announced that the Company's Chief Executive Officer, Brian M. Culley, will present at the 25 th Annual Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference, on Tuesday, December 3 rd, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time in the Rutherford Room at The New York Palace Hotel in New York.
Interested parties can access a live audio webcast and slide presentation on the Mast Therapeutics web site at www.masttherapeutics.com. An archived presentation will be available on the web site for 30 days.
About Mast TherapeuticsMast Therapeutics, Inc. is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company headquartered in San Diego, California. The Company is leveraging the MAST (Molecular Adhesion and Sealant Technology) platform, derived from over two decades of clinical, nonclinical and manufacturing experience with purified and non-purified poloxamers, to develop MST-188, its lead product candidate, for serious or life-threatening diseases with significant unmet needs. MST-188 is a cytoprotective, hemorheologic, anti-inflammatory and anti-thrombotic agent that has potential utility in diseases or conditions characterized by microcirculatory insufficiency (endothelial dysfunction and/or impaired blood flow).
The Company is enrolling subjects in EPIC, a pivotal phase 3 study of MST-188 in sickle cell disease, a genetic blood disorder in which sickled cells cause blood flow problems, which can lead to severe pain, irreversible organ damage, and early death. The Company plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical study of MST-188 in acute limb ischemia, a complication of peripheral arterial disease, in early 2014. More information can be found on the Company's web site at www.masttherapeutics.com. (Twitter: @MastThera)Mast Therapeutics™ and the corporate logo are trademarks of Mast Therapeutics, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV