BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- We're just a few days away from the most important sporting event of the year. No, it's not the Super Bowl or the World Cup. I'm talking about Black Friday.
Black Friday, after all, is the one day each year when mild-mannered suburbanites become ruthless competitors, hurdling clothing racks and shot-putting purchases across cashiers' scanners at high speed to get the best deals. Black Friday is also some very high stakes competition -- ShopperTrak estimates that consumers spent a whopping $11.2 billion in last year's bargain frenzy.
For retail stocks, there's no single day as important as Black Friday. That's true even in many retail names that don't actively participate in Black Friday sales. Not surprisingly, all of that attention on a single sector means that there are trades to be made in retail stocks this week.So, while shoppers get ready to save on Black Friday, we'll get trade-to-trade with a close technical look at five retail stocks making moves this week. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV