This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Stocks Under $10 with 50-100% upside potential - 14 days FREE!

Echo Therapeutics Announces Positive CE Mark Regulatory Trial Results Of SymphonyA® CGM System

PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE), a medical device company developing its Symphony ® CGM System as a non-invasive, wireless continuous glucose monitoring system, today announced positive results from its multi-center clinical trial of the Symphony CGM System in surgical patients in hospital critical care units.  Data collected from this study will serve as the basis for the CE Mark Technical File submission for marketing approval in Europe, which the Company expects to submit in the fourth quarter of 2013.

Symphony met the primary safety and effectiveness endpoints of the trial which involved the continuous monitoring of glucose levels in 32 subjects in the critical care units at four investigational sites.  In the trial, Symphony monitored glucose levels with a mean absolute relative difference (MARD), or error rate, of 12.5%.  The Continuous Glucose-Error Grid Analysis (CG-EGA) showed that 97.9% of the readings were clinically accurate (A) and 1.8% were benign (B) errors with a combined A+B categorization of 99.7%.

"We are extremely pleased with the positive results of this trial. Importantly, this was the largest study of Symphony to date and it was the first time that all of the components of the system were used together in a clinical trial. We believe Symphony demonstrated satisfactory safety, accuracy and reliability during the clinical trial to satisfy CE Mark requirements," said Robert F. Doman, Executive Chairman and Interim CEO of Echo Therapeutics.  "We believe that there is great clinical need in the hospital for a non-invasive continuous glucose monitoring system, like Symphony, to support glycemic control protocols in hospital critical care units, leading to improved clinical outcomes."

Study Results

Using over 630 Symphony CGM glucose readings paired with reference blood glucose measurements in thirty-two (32) study subjects, CG-EGA showed that 97.9% of the readings were clinically accurate and 1.8% were benign errors, with a combined A+B value of 99.7%.  The MARD for the study was 12.5%.  There were no adverse events reported from the skin preparation or the Symphony CGM sensor session.  The range of glucose values was 49 - 324 mg/dL.

1 of 3

Select the service that is right for you!

COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
DOW 17,001.22 -38.27 -0.22%
S&P 500 1,988.40 -3.97 -0.20%
NASDAQ 4,538.5510 +6.4470 0.14%

Brokerage Partners

Rates from Bankrate.com

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs