FORT MYERS, Fla., Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its ongoing commitment to increase shareholder value and return excess cash to its shareholders, Chico's FAS, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.075 per share of its common stock, an increase of $0.02 over the third quarter 2013 dividend rate.
On an annualized basis, this would equate to an increase of $0.08, or 36%, over the annualized dividend run-rate from the third quarter. The dividend is payable on December 23, 2013 to Chico's FAS shareholders of record at the close of business on December 9, 2013.
The announcement underscores the company's strong financial position and the Board and management's confidence in the Company's long-term business outlook and ability to generate significant cash flow on a consistent basis.Since 2010, the company's dividend per share has nearly doubled, from $0.04 per quarter to $0.075. During the same timeframe, Chico's FAS, Inc. has returned $553 million to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. ABOUT CHICO'S FAS, INC. The Company, through its brands – Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper, is a leading women's omni-channel specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, intimates, complementary accessories, and other non-clothing items. As of November 2, 2013, the Company operated 1,470 stores in the US and Canada. The Company's merchandise is also available at www.chicos.com, www.whbm.com, www.soma.com, and www.bostonproper.com. For more detailed information on Chico's FAS, Inc., please go to our corporate website at www.chicosfas.com. Executive Contact: Todd VogensenVice President-Investor Relations Chico's FAS, Inc.(239) 346-4199 SOURCE Chico's FAS, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV