DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- F-150 expected to drive increased Internet activity this holiday for Ford; online sales leads increased 17 percent on "Black Friday" last year, including a 22 percent jump for F-150
- Ford's digital promotions, which kicked off last week as customers try to get an even earlier start to shopping, have more than doubled to 50 percent of the holiday advertising mix since 2011
- Ford vehicle sales from online sales leads now account for nearly one quarter of all retail sales
- Vehicle maintenance is an important holiday errand, as customers bought nearly twice as many tires from Ford dealers on Black Friday last year than the next best-selling day
This weekend is known as the start to holiday shopping. What may be less known is that Ford also expects foot and screen traffic to increase as customers research new auto purchases online and service their current vehicles at dealers across the country.
Ford expects this holiday weekend to be particularly busy for dealer websites. In 2012, Ford's total online leads jumped 17 percent on "Black Friday" compared to a typical Friday in November. F-150 leads alone jumped 22 percent that day.
"Ford embraced digital dealer opportunities early and today is uniquely positioned to turn online interest into a dealer visit – whether it's to purchase a vehicle, or for service or maintenance," said Ron Merbler, digital manager, Ford enterprise digital solutions. "Accessing content via mobile screens is key to how Americans buy vehicles now, and the Thanksgiving shopping weekend provides an opportunity for us to engage them while they're already shopping."You may think of it as gift-shopping season, but it also is the perfect time for all facets of our business to come together for our dealers and the company as a whole," added Merbler.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV