"Many of us are blessed this Thanksgiving to be surrounded by our family and friends to eat great food," said Senator Jim Nielsen (R-Gerber). "Unfortunately, not all Americans have the resources to have a hot meal but thanks to the generosity of California American Water and their employees, many more families will enjoy a hot meal this holiday."
During the program, participating investor-owned water companies like California American Water provide turkeys and transportation in partnership with local elected officials who offer local expertise in directing the donations to community food banks, churches and other non-profit organizations.
“California American Water has more than 70 employees who live and work here in Sacramento,” said California American Water External Affairs Manager Evan Jacobs. “This program is an opportunity for us to give back to our customers, our neighbors and our families.”
Millions of Californians lack sufficient resources to feed themselves on a regular basis. Many of these residents are low income families that will not be able to afford a Thanksgiving meal. Thanks to the efforts of California American Water, State Senator Nielsen and our non-profit partners, many Sacramento families will now have a Thanksgiving meal this holiday season.California American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), provides high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 600,000 people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, and parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV