TORONTO, Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Roxgold Inc. ("Roxgold" or "the Company") (TSXV: ROG) today reported its financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2013. For complete details of the unaudited Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements and associated Management's Discussion and Analysis for the periods ended September 30, 2013, please see the Company's filings on SEDAR ( www.sedar.com) or on the Company's website ( www.roxgold.com).
- On August 1, 2013, pursuant to a bought deal private placement financing, Roxgold issued 25,625,000 common shares at a price of $0.40 per share and received gross proceeds totalling $10,250,000.
- At September 30, 2013, Roxgold had $14.4 million in cash and cash equivalents.
- Expenditures on Roxgold's flagship Yaramoko exploration property totalled $5.5 million during the three months ended September 30, 2013 and $15.8 million during the nine months ended September 30, 2013.
- Net losses for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2013 were $1,765,476 and $3,622,827, respectively.
- The Company mandated Cutfield, Freeman & Co as its independent financial advisor to arrange project financing as Roxgold moves forward with the development of the high-grade Yaramoko Gold Project ("YGP").
THIRD QUARTER CORPORATE AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
- Roxgold has delivered on the first two goals of its three-point strategy with the release of a resource update and the completion of its Preliminary Economic Assessment ("PEA") on Yaramoko's 55 Zone.
- On August 27, 2013, Roxgold announced an updated resource estimate totalling 850,000 gold ("Au") ounces in the indicated category at a 3.0 gram per tonne ("gpt") cut-off grade representing a 143% increase in indicated ounces compared to the maiden resource estimate dated August 7, 2012 while the inferred category included 273,000 inferred ounces.
- On September 16, 2013, Roxgold released the results of the PEA. Assuming a price of gold of $1,300 per ounce sold, highlights include:
- Pre-tax IRR of 59.2% with a 1.2 year payback on initial pre-production capital of $93.8 million
- After-tax IRR of 47.7% with a 1.4 year payback on initial capital
- Pre-tax NPV5% of $250 million
- After-tax NPV5% of $192 million
- Estimated average annual gold production of 98,300 ounces for the first five years
- Current study mine life of 10 years
- Average metallurgical recoveries of 96% gold
- Average total cash costs of $455/oz (including royalties) for the first 5 years of production
- Average total cash costs of $530/oz (including royalties) for Life of Mine ("LOM")
- Estimated all-in sustaining costs of $681/oz for first 5 years
- Although no production decision has been reached for the Yaramoko Gold Project ("YGP"), Roxgold believes that the conceptual economic case presented in the PEA coupled with the straightforward nature of the project in terms of geology, ore body geometry, mining methodology and processing merit the advancement of the project directly to a Feasibility Study level.
- The Company commenced work on the Feasibility Study ("FS") at the end of the third quarter of 2013. SRK ( Toronto) and Mintrex ( Perth) were appointed to lead the study which is planned for completion in the second quarter of 2014. In addition, critical path field works such as geotechnical and hydrology drilling were commenced on site in September 2013.
- The Company's regional exploration continued during the quarter during which time a 1,600 metre diamond drilling program on the Bagassi South target commenced. In addition, the Company's drill tested targets defined through auger and Induced Polarization ("IP") surveys earlier in the year. These targets included the 55 West Zone the 117 Zone and the 109 Zone.
NEAR FUTURE CORPORATE OBJECTIVES
- The Company will continue to focus on the advancement of the Feasibility Study in the fourth quarter. Geotechnical definition leading into mine design and scheduling as well as metallurgical testwork will be the principal activities evaluated.
- Roxgold expects to complete the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment ('ESIA') in the fourth quarter of 2013 for submission to the Burkina Faso government. This would precede an application for an exploitation permit at the Yaramoko concession.
- The Company will complete the expansion of the Company's current camp capacity in preparation for further development.
- In line with advancing the project methodically, the Company has started the preparation of mining contractor tender documentation.
- Continue diamond drilling on the highly prospective Bagassi South exploration target (see news releases dated July 9 and October 31, 2013).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV