SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy Award winning singer, songwriter, actress and philanthropist, Mary J. Blige will perform the National Anthem prior to the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Day Game on Thursday, Nov. 28. The traditional holiday match-up at AT&T Stadium pits the Cowboys against the Oakland Raiders in a 3:30pm Central kickoff on CBS TV.
Mary J. Blige, who performed the National Anthem at Fenway Park prior to Game One of the 2013 World Series, recently released her first-ever holiday album, A Mary Christmas, with sixteen-time Grammy winning record producer David Foster.
"After hearing Mary perform the National Anthem during the World Series, we could not think of a better singer to invite to our Thanksgiving Day game to deliver anthem," said Charlotte Anderson, Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer of the Dallas Cowboys. "Her stirring rendition of the anthem on that national stage was moving. With the nation's football fans focused on AT&T Stadium for our traditional holiday game, we wanted an entertainer that could deliver just that type of performance to kick off what will be a great game."
Blige has sold over 50 million records, which includes eight multi-platinum albums, nine Grammy Awards (plus 29 nominations) and four American Music Awards. A Mary Christmas is Blige's 11 th studio album.SOURCE Verve Records; Dallas Cowboys
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV