NEW YORK, Nov. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NASDAQ OMX today announced that Eric W. Noll, Executive Vice President, Transaction Services U.S. and U.K., will be leaving the company to accept an offer to become President and the next Chief Executive Officer of ConvergEx Group. NASDAQ OMX will assess internal and external candidates for Mr. Noll's replacement, and plans to fill that role near the end of the first quarter 2014.
"During his tenure with the NASDAQ OMX, Eric has been instrumental in solidifying the strategic direction and expansion of our transaction services businesses," said Robert Greifeld, CEO, NASDAQ OMX. "We benefited greatly from Eric's leadership and judgment in driving the diversification of the trading products and solutions we offer customers today. We wish Eric well as he embarks on this next phase in his career."
"For the past five years at NASDAQ OMX, I have taken great joy in working with the dedicated team behind a transformative company at the center of our capital markets system," said Eric Noll. "Now, I have a unique opportunity to lead a global brokerage firm during this important time for the financial markets," said Mr. Noll.The NASDAQ OMX Transactions Services U.S. and U.K. business provides the financial services community with trading platforms, market quality programs and solutions that reduce operational costs for a wide range of market participants with various investment strategies, time horizons and risk tolerance. The business is a market leader and operates the world's most liquid exchange for U.S. equities, as well as options, fixed income, exchange-traded products and futures platforms across the globe. In addition, the business provides market participants leading edge solutions in areas like risk management, connectivity and data storage, all which lower the barrier of entry and provide cost efficiencies so that firms may concentrate on alpha generation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV