[video] Quick Take: Super Small-Caps With Not-So-Small Potential
Marshall said despite the year-to-date bull run in small-cap stocks, many names are still in secular growth trends, thus deserving higher multiples.
One of his favorite picks is Trinity Industries (TRN), which is up over 40% this year. Marshall said the company has a good backlog of business and has yet to hit its peak.
Another name he likes is KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS), which is up a whopping 140% in 2013.
Marshall said he likes to find industries -- not just stocks -- that have gone through long periods of consolidation, such as the paper and packaging business. He added that KS has strong pricing power, good management and is a potential acquisition target.
Shoe Carnival (SCVL) is also a top pick. Marshall says there could be 800 total stores in a few years, up from the 300 current locations. He concluded the company has solid growth in an industry with little growth.His last pick was Zale Corp. (ZLC), which is up over 250% year-to-date in the midst of a massive turnaround story. While the move higher seems excessive, Marshall insisted it was just the beginning and that the stock should have plenty more room to the upside as margins drastically improve and earnings per share increase. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV