Peter McMahon Named Shopko's New CEO
GREEN BAY, Wis., Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shopko announced today that retail industry veteran Peter McMahon has been selected as its new Chief Executive Officer.
McMahon joins Shopko with a distinguished international retail career that spans more than 30 years. Most recently McMahon served as the Chief Operating Officer at Loblaws, Canada's largest food retailer with over $30 billion in sales. As COO, Peter was responsible for Loblaws' Supply Chain, IT, HR, Labor Relations, Merchandising, Store Operations and Loss Prevention functions. Prior to his time at Loblaws, McMahon held various senior level positions with some of the world's largest retailers, including Wal-Mart in Germany and Japan and Tesco in central Europe.
"We are fortunate to have such a successful and distinguished retail executive like Peter McMahon join the Shopko team," said T. Scott King, Senior Managing Director for Sun Capital Partners, Inc. "Peter is highly collaborative and has an outstanding track record of driving results and solving complex business problems. His extensive Supply Chain experience will be a tremendous asset as Shopko continues to grow its Shopko Hometown store format which serves smaller, rural markets. Peter will be an excellent addition to lead the already strong executive team at Shopko."
McMahon commented, "I am delighted to be joining the talented team at Shopko and consider it a privilege to be given this opportunity to lead their top-notch and experienced senior leadership group, as well as a committed and hard-working supporting team, both at headquarters and in the field. Shopko has established and is executing a winning strategy to provide a broad general merchandise offering with best-in-class quality retail health services to smaller underserved markets. I'm extremely optimistic about the company's future potential and am eager to get to work."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV