Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Don't let the bears drag you down, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" Tuesday. Institutional investors, or "smart money," are jealous of retail investors as stocks keep going higher. The pros hate what's happening in this market because amateur investors are making it look easy.
Amazon.com (AMZN) is despised by the intelligentsia even as it hits another record high. Cramer sees tremendous jealousy about the company's go-for-broke business model rewarded by its stock price, even as it fails to turn a profit.
What's really propelling Amazon? The weather. With the media frenzy over bad weather engulfing the East Coast, people are shut in and shopping online. The retail investors buy what they like and Amazon is going higher. How can that be wrong? Cramer asked. The goal is to make money, not feel smart.In the same vein, Cramer looked at Netflix (NFLX). People fenced in by the weather aren't going to the movies -- they're streaming at home, he pointed out. Retail investors enjoy the Netflix product and buy Netflix's stock. "We are in a buy-what-you-like environment," Cramer said, and it is time to acknowledge that trend. Netflix stock is up more than 280% in 2013. Nothing freaks out institutional investors more than when people are buying warm weather clothing companies in the offseason, Cramer said. Rallies for VF Corp. (VFC) and Deckers Outdoors (DECK) drive the smart guys crazy, Cramer said. Could it be the "dumb money" is buying because these stocks are attractively priced?
Who Do You Trust?Who do you trust in today's market? Look at Hain Celestial (HAIN) for an example of how stocks with terrific stories still face pressure in today's market. Look at retail giants like Costco (COST), a holding in Cramer's charitable portfolio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV