Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:59 a.m. ET with closing information and corrects Sprouts Farmers Market ticker symbol in the headline.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Tuesday.
Cramer said Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL) blamed the government shutdown as a reason why its earnings report was more disappointing than expected. "I don't buy it," Cramer said. CBRL dropped 7.2% to $109.57.
Whiting Petroleum (WLL) has been under a ton of pressure, according to Cramer. But he was optimistic, saying, the domestic oil company "can come back." WLL rose 2.6% to $61.93.
DSW (DSW) is selling off following its earnings report and Cramer noted "gross margins were under pressure." DSW fell 4.8% to $44.95.JPMorgan says to ignore Barron's article on Hain Celestial Group (HAIN). Cramer agreed, saying CEO Irwin Simon "is doing a great job." HAIN was 3.3% higher at $82.45. Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) announced a 17 million share secondary offering. Cramer said, "People don't like this group all of a sudden" because SFM is deeply oversold. SFM rose 1.4% to $38.04. "I like Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM)," Cramer said, but added that "gold ain't going higher," which makes it difficult to own the miners. AEM was unchanged at $26.51. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV